WooCommerce 2.5 – A New Version Of WooCommerce is Available Now!
- Nidhi Arora
- 6 years
- 179 views
A new version of world’s most popular eCommerce platform, WooCommerce 2.5 “Dashing Dolphin” is just released. As an eCommerce consultant, we always keep an eye on such eCommerce related updates & releases so as to gear up for all new challenges & taking all necessary steps. In order to do the same, we are going to take a look into what’s new & revolutionized in WooCommerce 2.5 today.
WooCommerce 2.5 has come up with developer-oriented changes, like WP-CLI support and new REST API endpoints, mainly to enhance store performance & management. Also, all these changes & improvements are done to make WooCommerce more flexible to different site configurations.
A new session handler, more flexible checkout process, much faster product review display & PHP 7 support, all these changes are the biggest ones in new version of WooCommerce that make it more reliable & fast. The other added new endpoints include:
- Supports POST, PUT, and DELETE for product categories and tags.
- Supports filtering of products by tag, category, shipping class, and attribute.
- Tax and tax_class endpoints for setting up tax rates.
- Other template changes & much more.
WooCommerce 2.5 includes some small quality of life changes for shop owners and administrators to improve store management, while adding some very useful developer tools and performance enhancements.
However, there are also some small quality of life changes included in WooCommerce 2.5, for shop owners and managers. These changes cover the followings:
- Removal of shipping display mode
- Improved Tax settings
- Ability to quickly view and easily manage emails
- “Pay” Link for admin to easily send to customers
- Ability to search for both parent/simple & a specific variation’s SKU
Frontend Minor Changes to Improve Customers’ Shopping Experience:
- Visibility of “Add to Cart” button only after selecting a variation for variable products
- Terms and conditions checkbox before “Place Order” button
- Strong passwords
The blog post is just to inform you about such new enhancements & changes in new WooCommerce 2.5. We also recommend you to make a backup, update extensions, & then update your WooCommerce store to make your updating process as smooth as probable.