The First Ever ‘Distributed Magento Contribution Day’ in India
- Nidhi Arora
- 3 years
- 32 views
For Magento enthusiasts, May 19, 2018 will be a historic day when the first ever Distributed Magento Contribution Day will be organized in 5 different locations across India at the same time. Five companies Netsmartz (Chandigarh), Wagento (Ahmedabad), DCKAP (Chennai), Appseconnect (Kolkata) and Codilar (Bangalore) are making this event possible.
David Manner, the Community Engineering head of Magento will be online via Slack to interact with the participants and share insights into Magento 2 development and contributing to the Magento 2 core. The objective is to provide Magento 2 developers with a new way to interact with the Magento development team for better code awareness and new perspective on M2 development.
- To contribute in core library of Magento
- To show your passion and help improve Magento
- To network with Magento and eCommerce professionals
- To be a part of Magento Community
Who can participate?
- Magento 2 Enthusiasts
You will work side by side with Magento U Authorized Trainers on developing features and improvements for the Magento 2 core, e.g.:
- Develop feature/improvement
- Create tests
- Do cross code reviews
- Run tests and check results
- Create and merge PRs
- Working (Up and running) Magento 2 version with develop branch, forked and pulled from GitHub
- Debugger and IDE are up to you, the team uses xdebug and PHPStorm
- Active GitHub account
- Desire to make contribution and have fun
Date – 19 May 2018
Timing – 9am to 6pm
Locations – Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kolkata and Bangalore
*Note: Limited seats available in each location so entries will be selected based on Magento Experience.