How to Add New Category and Product in Magento 2?
- Nidhi Arora
- 4 years
- 221 views
As with all eCommerce stores, you will need to populate yours with new categories and products. It is a basic need of every eCommerce store and most of the newbies face difficulties while adding new categories and products in Magento 2. That’s why today we have come up with this “How to” blog to help you add these features easily in Magento 2.
How to Add New Categories?
1. To add a new category, you will first need to open your store admin panel and then navigate to Products → Categories.
2. Now, tap the “Add Subcategory”, which displays on the left side and just below “Add Root Category” (adjacent to the main menu).
3. Fill up the details of your category and set “Yes” for both “Enable Category” and “Include in Menu” options. I am using the category name as Mens Jackets. After entering all the required details, now you have to click on “Save”.
4. Your Men Jackets subcategory will get created under “Default Category”. Moreover, if you are interested in creating your own Root category, you have to tap the “Add Root Category”. Now, you can create a Root category in the same way like the new subcategory creation.
5. To activate your new root category on your Magento 2 store, navigate to STORES → All Stores.
6. And, click on “Main Website Store” as displayed in the following screen shot.
7. Now, you should alter the “Default Category” with your own root directory and tap the “Save Store” tab.
How to Add Products?
1. To add a new product, you will again need to open your admin area and navigate to Products → Catalog.
2. Now, tap the “Add Product” tab to start with new product configuration process.
3. Now, fill up all the details of your product and choose your category via its drop-down menu.
Note: It must be noted that your product with its defined quantity is in stock so that it can be displayed on your store.
4. When you are done with above steps, you should open your store where you can notice your category in the menu bar. Now click on this category.
5. You will be able to see your product which is linked to this category.
Just follow afore-shared steps carefully to add a new category and product in Magento 2.
If you face any difficulty or require more clarity regarding this “How to” or would like to add your own suggestions to this solution, kindly drop a comment below, or you can query at [email protected]. We have a team of Magento Certified Envisionaries, who will provide you with a positive solution to all your Magento 2 regarding queries with positive returns!