What is Adobe Marketo and How It Can Help eCommerce Businesses?
- 2 months
The trends in the online shopping industry changed a lot since it debuted in the early 90s. However, there’s never been a time like we have today ever. There are around 26 millions eCommerce websites out there, with more and more being developed every single day. As a result, eCommerce businesses owners are fighting hard to get traction and market share.
It looks like the pandemic set the stage high for entrepreneurs who plan to build and scale their businesses in the online world. However, if this number scares you and you think it is a competitive market – don’t worry.
There are millions of them but not all of them are doing good. Only a few of them know the art of getting into the hearts of consumers and winning. And that’s possible only with effective eCommerce marketing.
By effective marketing, we mean a great blend of good-quality content, social media, emails, and PPC targeted precisely to a business’ target audiences. But, it is overwhelming and sometimes challenging to create such a blend manually. That’s where eCommerce marketing automation comes into play and tools like Adobe Marketo steal the limelight.
Thus, if you are an eCommerce business planning to build, scale, and grow an eCommerce brand, you have come to the right place. In this blog, we will talk about marketing automation and how Adobe Marketo can help you achieve it faster profitably. So, let’s get started.
What is Adobe Marketo?
Also known as Marketo Engage or just Marketo, it is a marketing automation tool that can help eCommerce businesses in more ways than one. Marketing automation helps eCommerce companies measure and streamline marketing tasks and processes to increase productivity, efficiency, and improve revenue faster.
Adobe Marketo has tons of amazing features that you can use to achieve your marketing goals. It can help eCommerce store managers or marketers perform tasks like:
- Customer segmentation
- Mobile marketing
- Website integration
- Sync with CRM
- Person scoring
- Landing page and form editor
- Workflow engine
- Multi-channel marketing
…and much more!
Adobe Marketo is known as a leader in the eCommerce marketing industry and analyst firms like Forrester and Gartner support this statement. It enables organizations to align their sales and marketing departments even closer for more conversions and better user engagement.
Features of Adobe Marketo: How It Can Help eCommerce Marketers?
Scaling an online business is impossible in today’s fast-paced eCommerce industry without marketing automation. Here are features that make Adobe Marketo Engage a perfect platform to get started with effective and profitable marketing:
1. Data-Driven and AI-Powered Decisions
Gone are the days of traditional marketing when eCommerce marketers used to chase leads and make decisions based on guesswork. It leads to missed opportunities and more cost. Today is the time of marketing automation where you have the power of data to make accurate decisions to target particular customer segments effectively.
Whether you are a B2C business planning to build high-value relationships with consumers or a B2B business requiring account-based marketing tools, Adobe Marketo can help. Its AI-powered automation can help you build in-depth consumer profiles to initiate conversations faster. Here are its features:
- It uses AI to build and segment your target audience by demographics, behavior, and firmographics to get a complete view of customer, prospects, and engagement data.
- It lets you easily personalize emails, landing pages, social media, SMS, advertising, and other things with integrated forms to easily convert prospects into buyers.
- Adobe Marketo also helps businesses with intelligent scoring and development of qualification models across all programs for effective lead nurturing.
2. Account-based marketing
From strategy to tools, Adobe Marketo Engage was built to help you acquire, retain, and grow your high-value accounts with advanced audience building, smart nurturing, and sales and marketing automations. It lets you integrate marketing campaign activities with your CRM system and other apps to bring data-driven decisions, collaboration, and marketing automations to your ABM strategy.
Using Adobe Marketo, you will invest in marketing automation that is informed by real-time customer behaviors and each customer interaction contributes to lead scores, showing interest and buying intent. Here is how:
- Create in-depth personas and clearly defined segments based on customer attributes and sales goals, then send curated content, track engagement across channels, and deliver personalized experiences.
- Make sales and marketing one team by coordinating account-based experiences using natively integrated data and applications.
- Kick-start ABM with data instead of opinions using AI and machine learning, targeting filters and data from your CRM to help build predictive target account lists.
3. Email marketing
Adobe Marketo helps you more than just creating responsive and engaging emails. It intelligently creates customer segments in real-time depending on behaviors of consumers on different channels and then dynamically delivers customized communications to increase engagement. In addition, with real-time tracking, you can see what is working and what isn’t to optimize it in the middle of programs to increase conversions.
- You can leverage tools, templates, and editors by Adobe Marketo to build emails for any device.
- Conduct A/B testing and use predictive content to improve personalization
- Make sure segments are precise with real-time updates depending on changing parameters
- Measure and analyze reports in an easy-to-use dashboard.
4. Advanced lead management
Managing and nurturing leads is a complicated process. Nowadays, consumers prefer to educate themselves about the products or services at their own pace. However, if you want to increase the probability of conversions, you will need to deliver consistent on-point experiences.
Adobe Marketo provides you a better way of identifying and prioritizing leads by providing better insights into the pipeline. Also, you can focus on nurturing leads automatically by creating dynamic customized journeys. Here is how it helps with lead management:
- Start by building lead score models depending on behaviors, demographics, and purchasing intent that provides you insights for better consumer segmentation
- Sync your CRM with Adobe Marketo to unify sales and marketing teams
- The integrated system will track each interaction, altering sales when lead score shows readiness
- It also lets the sales team trigger campaigns with curated content on their own. Adobe Marketo can very easily integrate with SAP, Salesforce, and Microsoft Dynamics to create micro-level personas, trigger sales contacts, track lead behavior, and personalize campaigns.
Marketo is one of the most connected and feature-rich marketing automation platforms available in the market. It enables you to do everything from lead scoring, email marketing to real-time personalization, event marketing, reporting, and more. Thus, if you have an eCommerce business and want to expand it beyond limits fast, it is an ideal solution for you. At Envision eCommerce, we help eCommerce businesses leverage such cutting-edge tools and technologies to the fullest. So, contact us if you need any assistance.