Google Saying GoodBye to Local 7-Pack and Hello to 3-Pack
- Nidhi Arora
- 6 years
- 122 views
After a recent Google Local search result update, Google is now displaying 3 pack as a replacement for 7 pack Google local SERP results. It seems that Google has said a complete Goodbye to that traditional 7 pack for local business pages, making them more competitive.
Have a look at the result of such update that drops 7 down to a 3 Pack:
Here is a screen shot showing what the local results looked like previously?
What would be the impact of this update?
- Everyone, especially who is in the field of SEO, can easily predict about the major consequences of this update.
- Fewer phone calls and sales for businesses after 3rd position.
- More business opportunities for First 3 search results.
- Difficult to outrank the Google local listing 3 pack for plenty of local SEO experts.
- A visitor will have to click through to the Google Maps listing or to the site to know more about a desired business.
- 3 local pack changes come along with an option to call a business through tapping on listings – only on mobiles.
- Removal of links to Google reviews that is making Google+ more unrelated than before.
- A visitor can find the information about store regarding store hours & store closing.
- Searchers will always have to expand the 3 pack local search result box in order to view more listing results.